background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

100th day of school!

From the first day of homeschool, Liv counted out and put one straw into a vase. She would then record the number on a chart. (Then she would fill out the calendar and say the date also) After each group of ten straws she would wrap a rubberband around the group and put the whole bunch in the vase. This is how she learned the concept of (and to count in) tens. We made it to 100 in February! So, we had a party.



We have 100 blooms, 100 marshmallows, 100 raisins, 100 cherios, 100 straws, and 100 spelled out with a banana and 2 cinnamon buns.  Liv promptly did 100 skips and hops around the dining room to burn off the 100 grams of sugar she must have eaten!



We also talked about 100 looks like in different ways.  I asked them a bunch of questions-

I could carry 100 __ladybugs__, but I couldn't carry 100 __couches__!
I could eat 100 __marshmallows__, but I couldn't eat 100 __hamburgers__!
I could put 100 __pencils__ in my desk, but I couldn't put 100 __computers__ in my desk!
I wish I had 100 __dollars__, but I am glad that I do not have 100 __spiders__!

No comments:

Post a Comment