background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

After the bookwork...

After we sit through the workbooks, reading, and writing, 
I like to stick my finger in front of the lens. 
 We like to do projects also.  
Art projects, science experiments, model making....
 I saved these great shoe inserts from a pair of TOMS (that I was GIFTED from some incredible friends!) because I knew they would be great boat bottoms!
I love it when I'm clever.
 Skewers for the masts, paper for the sails, and play dough holding it all secure.
That is top notch ship building!
 We used George's Lowes pirate ship model for the 3rd of the 3 ships Columbus sailed.
(I only had 2 shoe inserts!)
 They stayed afloat!
 The kids got dizzy blowing them all over the sink.
 Then we realized that it was a good idea for Columbus to use wooden ships 
and not boats made of cardboard.....
Watching the slow sinking was almost as entertaining as the realization that play dough gets slimy when wet.  Almost.
Hopefully we didn't get too far off track from the discovery of the Americas....

1 comment:

  1. You could have easily sailed this into a lesson on the Titanic ;) Great job and very creative

    ReplyDelete