background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Little Ladies

Every year we learn about a life cycle of some kind of animal.
We have watched butterflies, and tadpoles.
 This year is Ladybugs!
 We just did the quick kit from insect lore and ordered the little buggies in pupa stage.
 We were surprised to see familiar buggers that we had no idea were baby ladybugs!
 I forgot to take pictures of the transformation, but it was pretty awesome.  
The kids were excited to release them into the rose garden, especially after we read that ladybugs love to feed on aphids. 
 I might have to get these things every year!
Do your job little Ladybugs!  
I want kids who love to learn with the bonus of pretty roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment