background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Little Oasis


 Some days I love out little yard.
 It is fenced in, filled with things to do, and (during the day) it is pretty quiet for a city backyard.
 Maggie spent half the morning watering all the plants in pots, the veggie garden, and mostly the grass between as she ran back and forth.
 I will never get tired of watching this pigtailed little girl in boots!

 We have put so much time into this yard, including the deck Troy built, the swing set, finding the right (extra long, Amish made) picnic table, and recently building a raised 4x20 vegetable garden.
 We have been blessed with a sweet water table (thanks Christy!), a little tykes house (thanks Kay!), and even a free trampoline (Thanks Mark and Carolyn!)!
 There are many things we would love to change, such as:
1. Have a place our kids can learn to ride a bike (on our own property that is not near a busy street).
2. Have more than a chain link fence separating our yard from the alley (and the not pretty sight of backs of row homes).
3. Change the awkward placement of the shed.
4. Live far enough away from neighbors so we can't hear everything from fights, parties, and even the "ding" of their microwave. (Can you imagine how loud we must sound in their home?!?!)

 But those are small things compared to the fun our children have in our backyard.

I know God gave us this house for the early years of our children's lives.
How else could we experience so much joy when it is not the "Dream Home" of this hayseed and husband?
When I'm getting frustrated with city life, I need to remember how blessed I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment