background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Monday, December 21, 2009

C is for CHEESE!

Well, the focus is really about Cows, but that leads us to talk about milk, and what milk makes. So we made butter again, but today we went a step further. We made cheese! I used this recipe for the first time and I am excited about how it turned out!
This is after the cooking, curdling, and initial straining. I just hung it on my cabinet knob for the 3 hours.
It is a very plain tasting cheese with a texture in between spreadable chevre and mozzarella. It is firmer than chevre but holds its shape more like mozzarella, with a little crumbling when cut. We sprinkled some kosher salt and dill for a little extra flavor and it was good! Good enough to share with a friend tomorrow when we visit! (the half in the container is for my friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment