background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Some of our Fall projects

From our readings in the Little House on the Prairie series, we decided to learn about what makes a town (yay for finding something to do for Social Studies!). We discussed what Laura and her family saw as the town of De Smet was being build before their eyes, and what usually makes up a town today (firehouse, police station, homes, stores, library, ect.....). From an older High Five mag we cut out building templates to make our own town.
Stoufferville
Liv and George thought the little people added a nice touch. I do too.



A little art project learning about stamping, positive and negative space, and colors we see in Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment