background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Don't know where to begin.

I know it has been a while, but I'm still not quite right with this macbook.  I told you I'm slow!  The unfamiliarity is not making anything but surfing the web fun.  I do have a private tutor (thanks Valentina!) coming soon to set me straight, but no promises on any regularity!  I'm getting bigger (in my third trimester) and more tired so I'm not getting as much done as usual. 

So, to catch you up.......

We have decided to keep George home next year (as opposed to sending him to Pre-K like we did Liv).  He did so well during the Feb blizzard, I feel better with his adjusting to homeschool from pre-school.  Plus, not having to drag around 4 kids, one an infant, every day to drop off and pick up George at Pre-K will make life a lot easier.  We are still thinking/planning on sending Virginia to Pre-School and probably Pre-K, since we do love the school.  But we are always praying and trying to be flexible to God's plan.
George has learned his letters and is now learning the sounds and printing!  He is jumping right in with table work, and following our schedule.  He has a great attitude about school- I love it!

NICE WEATHER HAS COME!!!  We have finally taken a break too!  We never really stopped for Christmas break, and the kids have no idea what a snow day is because I'm mean like that.  Since they don't know, they don't question and keep on as usual.  Because of this, Livia has finished her K curriculum in March.  Of course, she doesn't know we have completed her requirements.  We are finishing up the rest of the school year (until George's last day) with fun units, field trips, and experiments.  Of course we took off to the zoo on the first nice day!

One fun day was Dr. Seuss day. It started with a special breakfast to get them in the mood.  

After some green eggs and ham, we gathered all the Dr. Seuss books we had around and read, read, read!  We also made up poems and talked about rhyming words.  The kids didn't even realize it was school.  Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment