background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easter!

We had an unusual Easter... alone.  Well, if you count our rockn church family at Trinity A/G, we were far from alone!  After working in the nursery and kid's church, we enjoyed all the fun things church had set up (train rides, petting zoo, age appropriate egg hunts....) before we went home to a quiet afternoon. 

The week before started a little strange for me.  I am usually all about Easter since it is the most important holiday of the year!  I had a hard time getting excited- no idea why.  After hard boiling 3 dozen eggs, I started to get in my groove. 
On Easter morning, the kids woke up to their baskets on the table.  (We don't do Santa, the tooth fairy, or the Easter bunny, but we do like to give the kids gifts.)  It is kind of fun for Troy and I to remember and see what we got them, since I shop all year long for b-days, Christmas, and Easter and stash it away.  I might have to get a panoramic shot with four baskets next year!

After church that day, Troy took them outside to play so I could make dinner.  Since it was just us, we only had ham, mac n cheese, green beans, and sweet potato biscuits.  But the decorated eggs and a real table cloth made it fancy!  In stead of our usual devotional time, we discussed the Resurrection eggs that I love so much! 
Of course we had to have our own Easter egg hunt in the back yard.  
And of course I had them wear their bunny ears!

It was a lovely, simple, talk (all throughout the day) about the importance of Jesus dying and coming alive again, kind of day.  Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment