background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

How they are dealing

I've had a lot of sweet friends ask me how the kids are fairing with the cancer news and schedule.
My answers aren't very deep and moving.
Virginia is almost oblivious to it all.  She will play pretend as usual, putting on her pack back to get ready for "school" or a chosen "relative's house" and announce it to everyone so we can say goodbye wish her a safe trip.  He has recently added the pretend destination of the "Doctor's office" to get the yucky stuff out of her body.  She will also mention things we will do when Daddy get's better.
Livia has not wanted to talk about the whole thing.  She says she doesn't have any questions and continues to plan her birthday party.  I'm not sure what to make of this yet.  I don't want to force her to talk about it and it does make me feel a little better that she conveniently listens to our answers to George's many questions.
George says he misses wrestling with Daddy.  That is about all that is bothering him.  The whole process is a learning opportunity for him and never lacks for questions.  There isn't much emotion connected to it, but I love how he gets the information out there.
The kids love all the attention they are getting from friends who invite them over, or watch them when I'm taking Troy to his appointments. 
Troy and I have talked about prayer and patience a lot so far.  
Probably because that is first on both our minds.
The kids aren't acting like their summer is missing anything.
I think it is just me.
I'm not sure what else to say or do for them.  We still do family activities, I still take them to parks and the zoo.  Something just feels like it's missing from the summer.
Maybe it is just the waiting for good results and not having that knot of worry inside.
Yeah, summer would be much better without that.
At least when things get crazy around the house, a park outing is a quick fix!

2 comments:

  1. Love your family. Can't wait for the post when you guys get his clean results. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job with your kids and your husband. Praying together. Being together. Loving one another. "The Lord will guide you, He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." (Is.58:11) You are loved and admired and held up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete