background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Keeping it simple

We have been laying low with Troy's chemo treatment in progress.  Some weeks his counts are super low, making him very susceptible to infections.  We are just doing a lot of things to occupy us at home.  And if you know me, you know I'm in my element!  I love being a home-body!
And it is wonderful to have Troy home so much.
Just wish it was under better circumstances.
 It is a perfect time to bust out the GINORMOUS marshmallows.
 Maggie had more fun just playing with them.
We didn't want to be totally ghetto and keep her on the ground, so we put her on the slide.  
Poor baby, ha ha!
 Always a sword.
 The kids were surprisingly calm (even after the mega sugar puffs shot through their blood streams).
Liv wasn't super into roasting, she would rather pose.
The biggest shocker was how patient Ginnie was.  She was the best roaster of the night!  Her marshmallows were golden and perfect.  The best part was, she didn't want to eat them because it was messy.  She practiced patience and I got her yummy toasted snack!  Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment