background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Cheap, filling meal

Turkey/Swiss/'Shroom Boat

A fast, easy favorite I would like to say I invented. But, I can't remember if I saw it somewhere before. So.... unless you can prove it, I'm calling it MINE! LOL

Ingredients
1 lb ground turkey
1 can cream of mushroom
1 sm can sliced mushrooms
6 or so slices of swiss cheese
1 loaf of Italian bread.

Brown the turkey, stir in the soup, add the 'shrooms. Cut/tear out a long hole in the loaf of bread and fill it with the turkey/'shroom mixture.
(here there are peas in it)

Top with swiss and bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and bubbly. Slice and serve (we like green beans with it).You can make the soup from scratch, cook the turkey with bacon or onions, or use small kiaser rolls if you want. There are many things you can do to vary this to fit your needs. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment