background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day off of life!

So, what does a couple do when they have no responsibilities? When sweet, wonderful friends take all of their children far, far away? They go HOG WILD! Troy and I had a couple of weeks to figure out what we wanted to do all day by ourselves. It was very difficult (at least for a high strung planner like myself). Productivity or Pleasure? I lean towards being productive, and Troy leans towards pleasure (he is a hard worker, he won't say it but I know he just wants some fun time). So, we left the house to get Starbucks, price an Amish picnic table, and head to the shooting range! I've never been to an indoor range, and Troy and I have never been shooting together. (ummm, and we are pretty good shots too!) Then we went to dinner at Bahama Breeze (thanks Koops!), then some errands at Joann's, Home Depot (I couldn't help it- had to get some productive activities in!), and finally ended up at Friday's for some free apps (thanks Bzzagent!).

When we got home, the kids were fed, bathed and watching a movie. I have not felt that kind of loving generosity towards my family in a long time. I am deeply grateful! I Love Marcy and Sarah!!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment