background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I declare it Bird Watching day!

Ever since Half day, Livia wants to know what "day" it is. Since I was cleaning out the pantry, I had a few bags of cereal with only a cup or so left (mostly crumbs). I was going to let the kids feed the birds in the yard- then I got an idea (love those things).

I quickly printed a few pictures of local birds, emptied the crumbs in 2 bowls, and got some trays and the camera.The kids took turns tiptoing in the yard, one at a time (because we don't want to scare away any potential customers to the back yard restaurant) and sprinkled the crumbs around.Then we made little bird baths with the trays.

Then we waited. Got bored pretty fast so they pretended to be birds (complete with gummy worms in their mouths).

My zoom wasn't working on my camera and I was getting a little frustrated. But we did see about 5 different kind of birds and two rabbits (yay- bonus!).We ate lunch on the deck while we watched and waited. It was really fun, and the kids learned to match the birds to the pictures to identify them.

Livia is asking what "day" tomorrow will be, and has suggested headband day. hmmmmm.....


No comments:

Post a Comment