background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer so far.....

I'm beginning to realize how little time I have to blog these days.  Maybe because we aren't as structured as we are in the school year.  Or maybe it is because we have a newborn, lol.  Either way, I'm going to cheap and lump a bunch of images together to recap some of our summer thus far.... if the baby stays asleep!
Troy took L&G cherry picking at Baughers so we would have some cherries to make the Freedom celebration pies to honor the military/civil servants at church..... and to get L&G out of the house!
We had LOTS of visitors!  Proud Grandpop!
Ciacie!
Grammy (who will gladly tell you she has 8 great grandchildren)
There is lots of holding and lots of adoring....
And some simple, but fun family times (Father's Day)
Our friends the Schnurs took Livie for the afternoon so George and I could have some special time (while the little ones slept).  George wanted to make baseball cupcakes in honor of the Orioles game Troy was taking L&G to that week.
We have not planted much this year, but we were sure to have some snacking tomato plants!  As soon as a tomato turns read, the kids eat them.  It is a great way to get them to eat more veggies!
We take a lot of pictures!
She is just like the rest of the kids, LOVES her bath!
Fourth of July Fireworks!  (Gotta love the stunned faces with the flash going off in the dark!)
Special Breakfasts.  Homemade doughnuts, Aunt Winnie style!  (Canned biscuits, fried and glazed)
As if we haven't had enough sweets...... Livia wanted to make flower cupcakes!
I'd show pics of the kids playing in the slip n slide, sprinkler, and other outside games, but I keep forgetting.  We are working off these baked goods between play and sweating to death in the 100 degree heat!

I wonder how we will fill the rest of our summer days?  Oh the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment