background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Whoa, I need more arms!

So, today was a pioneer woman day.  I got the kids all ready, had my grocery list in hand (written down by isle!), and got them all buckled up and ready to go on our first shopping trip with 4 kids under 6 years old.  I was prepared.  This should be a breeze, right?

I pulled into the parking lot, and was getting the last kid unbuckled when she puked everywhere!  Poor Ginnie!  I cleaned her up the best i could, and buckled the kids back in to go home.  As I was driving, I made my game plan- bring in Maggie first, go back for the kids.  The older ones would go start a bath for Ginnie, while Ginnie and I would strip her and the car seat outside.  Of course Maggie wasn't happy and screamed the whole time.  I brought both babies upstairs to bathe Ginnie.  Maggie was still screaming, but she was safe in her bassinet- ugh.  I'm that Mom who thinks, "If the baby is crying and I can't get to her, at least I know she is alive!"

Liv and George were being big helps.  They got the bath ready, prayed for Ginnie and wanted to be near her to "help."  Liv was so close, she leaned on the shower curtain and the rod broke out of the wall almost falling on Ginnie in the tub!  I caught it, but was stuck holding it while George searched for the screw driver downstairs.  George is not the fastest, or focused at times, and I held that shower curtain, with a wet, whimpering baby in the tub, and a screaming mad baby in the other room, for a good 5 mins!  He finally found it and I took off the whole curtain and rod.  (Liv was very upset, apologizing the whole time.)  This is where I had to close my eyes and pray for God's grace!

I let the older kids take a bath, since the tub was full, and that kept them busy while I dressed Ginnie and calmed down Mags.  Then, L&G helped by bringing down the rest of the dirty clothes AND started lunch, while I had to feed Maggie.  Poor Ginnie had to sit on the couch and wait for Maggie to eat before I could hold her.  She started to fall asleep sitting up!  I got a quick video.



Now, the babies are sleeping, the car is scrubbed out, the car seat cover is in the wash.  Phew!  It is only noon!!!  Yikes!  I hope the rest of the day is not as eventful.  Maybe we will just do a quick shopping trip.  J/K!!!!

 

2 comments:

  1. That video is sooo sweet. Hope she's feeling better and the rest of your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. more arms? you need more people! i'm sorry you're having a tough day. what's with the sick kids in summer? ty woke up with a fever.

    ReplyDelete