background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stuffed What?

Thanks so inspiration from one of our pastors, 
I decided to stuff that little pumpkin I bought on a whim.
 I had 2 acorn squashes just sitting around too.
 Mixing up cooked sausage with onions, sage, breadcrumbs, and apple tidbits I had canned earlier was pretty fast and simple.
  I covered the acorn squashes with foil, just popped the pumpkin top back on, and baked those babies for about an hour and a half.
 The kids had no idea what to do with their piece when I brought it out to the table!
 The pumpkin was sadly tasteless (yes, it was a baking pumpkin), but the filling rocked.  
The squashes on the other hand, made me do a little happy dance.
Green beans, a bowl of chicken and corn cream soup, and stuffed acorn squash.
Have Mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment