background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Not Deep Enough for You?

Ok, so a friend of mine and I were talking about blogs we like to follow. Mine were more instructional and practical, and hers were more more about matters of the spirit and feelings. She said I could make my blog more interesting if I got more emotionally involved. hmmmmm.

I have been thinking on this. I would love to be that inspiring spiritual motivator that people are in awe of. Yeah..... that is not me. I can barely choke out a few sentences that I pray are understandable. Just compiling real words (as in not made up by me, but are already in existence) and putting them in an order that resembles a complete thought is challenge enough! Not to mention my lack of any grammar rules and constant misspellings, sigh. It is all very embarrassing.

I do like to ponder spiritual matters. I even like to talk them out with others. But putting them in writing is so permanent. I want to be teachable as a daughter of the Lord, but don't think I'm wise enough to teach my peers. Children on the other hand......

So that's why this is the simplest of simple blogs. Just family and life updates. I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment