background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Farewell mugs

If you know me, you know I love Polish pottery.  I have a small collection that I enjoy daily.  I use those pieces all the time with baking, serving, just showing off.....  

Well, I've decided that using my mugs just isn't working for me these days.  
Not just my Polish pottery, but any mug we own.  
I just can't find time to drink a whole cup of anything before it gets cold.  
Imagine that.

I've resorted to desperate measures.  
It isn't pretty.  
It surely isn't Polish.... 
or pottery.  
But it keeps my coffee warm for me to drink at least one whole cup before it gets room temp.  
The sacrifices we make to have small children.  
This ranks up there with the minivan in necessary ugly awkwardness.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO sorry. My condolences. If two of your Polish pottery mugs would like to show off here while your children grow up, we'd be more than happy to oblige.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are being entombed (put in the cabinet) for display. You may come see the exhibit anytime. I even offer family memberships.

    ReplyDelete