background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Silly Sentence Maker

We try to break up the bookwork here and there with supplemented material.  I love using hooked on phonics at this age.  That program has a lot to offer, and some super awesome sales if you are willing to stalk a little.  

This was the first time we opened the Silly Sentence Maker.  It was funny to see how each kid put theirs together.


Since Liv can read, she chose the words she wanted, either to be silly or serious.  She was very proud of her creations.  (That is her serious face, by the way)

George, on the other hand just chose random words and matched them by color for us to read to him.  This was just fun.  We could not stop giggling at his crazy sentences.

Oh course I was laughing too hard to remember to take a picture of one of his many Silly Sentences.
Sigh. 
Here is one of Liv's serious sentences.  
Well, as serious as it could get in the wild game of silly sentence maker.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Mad Libs, in a fun learning way! Definatly going to try to scout for that one, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visuals! Was just looking at this product to see if it was something I was interested in... looks great! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete