background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas in P-city

At Dad's house the kids know a few things.  There are 2 places to watch movies.  In the Den with whomever is around visiting, or in Grandpop's room watching on demand cartoons with him.  
They love the (almost) unlimited screen time.  
They get it honest.  
Besides Troy being a boob tube addict, his family and mine love some tv/movies.  
I must be the oddball.  
Me and Ginnie.
Ciacie made the point that if the kids opened a gift from her a day, they would have a new movie to watch for the days we were there (the 23rd, 24th, and 25th), instead of waiting and getting them all on Christmas and not having enough time to watch them that day.  
I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that she wanted to watch Despicable me....
 Believe it or not, we still go with the 3-gifts-each tradition.  Gifts from the Brzchalskis, and gifts to family take up a lot of space!  We are spoiled rotten.








 She knows about presents already....
It was a nice, laid-back Christmas.  
It was even nicer that the snow held off until Christmas evening when we high-tailed it out of there!  
We missed being buried under a foot of snow!  There was only an inch in Bmore that fell in the night.  No shoveling needed.  I like to think of it as my own Christmas miracle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment