background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Monday, March 21, 2011

As if I'm not Queen every day.

Troy always goes out of his way to make sure I'm Queen on my birthday.  He even surprised me by taking off work to give me a total day free of the usual duties.  He took care of the kids and made a gourmet meal, down to the last details of a homemade Caesar dressing and cleaning the kitchen!  
I love that man!

 After sleeping in, getting a peaceful shower, and getting dressed, I came downstairs to the best breakfast ever!  Chocolate banana waffle with fresh whipped cream, and chocolate flavored creamer for my coffee.

Then I got to run away!

I met my friend at a near by nail place to get pedicures.  It was wonderful, and relaxing, and perfect.
Then I stopped into a few consignment and antique shops that are not fun to check out with kids in tow.  I didn't even have the radio on as I enjoyed the silence in the car.  A rejuvenated me came home to happy kids playing outside and the house smelling sooo good.
 Troy had a royal spread.
Caesar Salad with homemade dressing, rosemary potatoes, bread with seasoned dipping oil, orange carrots, and grilled rosemary lamb chops.
 He is really becoming the grill master!  They were cooked perfectly!
 By this point, I was just barely aiming and shooting.  
One tends to forget the rules of composition when hunger strikes.
 As if dinner wasn't enough.  Do you know what he made?
 Oh yes.
Tiramisu paired with a chocolate wine.  Heaven.

It was a very, very good day. 
I love being 29!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! What a lovely way to celebrate!! You certainly do have a wonderful husband!! Yay for 29!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day. Could you have Troy call Kevin and give him hints? *seriously*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday, Janie! Your day sounded wonderful, and the dinner IS impressive. Very special, and obviously very appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete