background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Swirly goodness

How have I never made cinnamon raisin bread before?
I love cinnamon raisin bread.  
I especially love it when the bread is soft and sweet where the optional glaze/icing is, well, optional.  A good bread should stand alone.  
Even pancakes!

(Yes, a good pancake should be able to be eaten warm and without syrup.
Syrup is just extra for those who feel extravagant.
My kids and Troy always feel extravagant.
No respect for the sweet breads!)
Back to CRB
 How easy is this?
I used this mega dough recipe (makes about 6 loaves) 
and used part of the dough for 2 loaves of cinnamon raisin bread. 
 The kids were happy to help spread out the raisins and swirl the honey.
 All in all, my CRB was my fav.  I'm making that again soon.
(The cinnamon rolls are in the freezer for Saturday morning, so they don't count.)
No icing needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment