background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

When I was young...

I wanted to join the circus.  
I don't know where that idea came from.  
I don't even think I really believed it myself, but I said it enough.  

(Goodness, I wouldn't even go inside a building to get my picture taken by a live tiger when I was in elementary school.  I stayed shaking, and probably crying, in the car with my Mom while my Dad and little sis went in.  I know, I'm lame.)

But sitting next to a live tiger for fun 
and working my way up the circus ladder are two different things.

I figured I'd be on elephant poop duty at first, then concessions, ticket sales, stage makeup and costumes, then maybe a little clowning around.  But eventually I would become Ring Master!  
How else does that happen?

It even went as far as making a deal with my Mom near the end of high school.
When I came to her with dowloaded applications for the circus, she said I needed to apply to at least 2 reasonable colleges.  IF I didn't get in, then I could run away to whatever circus I desired.

She never questioned me, or belittled my ideas.  I'm sure she knew me well though that I would just argue and decide not to listen to her input if she did that.

Or maybe, just maybe she knew I would be Ring Master of my own circus sooner than I planned.

Yes, I was (and still am) on poop duty, concessions (that consist of 3 meals a day, plus snacks in between), I pay the bills, organize and am in charge of all wardrobes, and of course there are times when we all act like clowns. 

Welcome! Welcome! One and All to the Stouffer Family Circus!

No comments:

Post a Comment