background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Father's Day part 2

We are a picking family. It has been a tradition to go as often as we can to pick your own whatever. Today was sweet cherries. Livia has been waiting all year for this. She says cherries are her favorite fruit ever. I don't think George or Virginia ever met a cherry they didn't like either.


Troy spotted the best place in the whole orchard. Well, let me go back. We wanted to go cherry picking the day before, but there were crazy thunderstorms throughout the day. Well, this tree must have fallen in the storm because all the cherries were still good, and the leaves were just starting to wilt. This was perfect for us short people to gather all the cherries our hearts/mouths could want! The kids didn't have to wait for Troy to take them up the ladder, they just walked right in the branches and got boxes full of cherries that were on the top of the tree.

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me that is Bubba's little butt crack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know it isn't a blog worthy day without a little crackage.

    ReplyDelete