background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day has always been a family day for me.  My Mom would get us little treats and make something special for dinner.  Since I'm not a gift person, and would rather spend the time with the whole family, it made sense to continue the tradition.  (Plus, I'm cheap and have a hard time enjoying going out spending money on food and a sitter just because the calendar says to.)

So, last night I made heart shaped raspberry meringues.

♥ I traced little hearts on 2 sheets of parchment paper.
 
♥ Then I mixed up the batter? mixture?  um..... fluffy stuff!
 
♥ I piped the fluff in the heart outlines.

♥ Baked for 2 hrs, then left in the oven overnight.



Today for dinner- Our traditional heart shaped meatloaf!
 
  
(And yes, I forgot to take a picture of it baked because, well.... I was hungry.)
Served with homemade mashed potatoes and parmesan green beans.

And for giggles....
Homemade ♥ Whoopie ♥ Pies for Dessert!
Get it?  Ha ha!

3 comments:

  1. ok all of this looks fabulous. so creative, and what great traditions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentine's Day is my favorite. I agree that it is more about family than dinner out and gifts. My girls love waking up on Valentine's Day to see how I have decorated the table for breakfast. It really is the highlight of their day, and I love doing it because I love them.

    ReplyDelete