background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Jail Bird

Ginnie needs boundaries.  She needs childproofing.  She needs a leash and tether.  Ok, so I'm joking a little about the last one..... maybe.

We have never child proofed before Ginnie, besides the gate at the top of the steps and keeping chemicals out of reach.  We just taught them No.  Until Virginia Jane.  Months and months of training (in multiple ways) has led us to just barricading her to keep her safe, and us sane.  When we are downstairs, she is usually kept in the living room, with a gate closing off the kitchen, and another closing off the dining room.  We have been able to keep her off the steps finally...after about 9 months of training!  (I know, it sounds like we are talking about a puppy.  Sigh).  Well, this week she has decided to venture up the steps about 12-20 times a day!  It always ends up with us chasing her up there, re-enforcing NO STEPS!, and her being unaffected 5 seconds later. 

Today we brought out the jail.  Ha HA Ginnie Jane!  How do you like prison?  She isn't very happy now, but I'm sure a few days of this will tell us if it is working or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment