background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Beach Time

I thought a morning at Hammerman's beach would be just what we needed to really feel like we have entered into summer.  I thought it would be a fun day playing in the sand and water.  I thought all the kids would gratefully chant, "we love you Momma!" in their angelic voices.....

Only Liv and George got that memo.

 I thought Ginnie surely couldn't remember that she hated the sand and water on her birthday last year.  She barely tolerated walking to the umbrella.  She wouldn't even get in the water WITH me. 
 She was obsessed with the "mess" on the towel and kept trying to clean everything off with a baby wipe.  You can imagine how frustrating that was for her (and me!).
 So the girls sat and ate gold fish until after our picnic lunch.  I just had to pack them up and go home after that.  I felt bad for the older ones, but it was not easy keeping Maggie from eating sand and Ginnie from crying.
On a bright note, our new umbrella was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment