background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Monday, June 13, 2011

A Learning Experience

This whole chemo road is a learning experience for all of us.  
You name it, we are learning it.
George seems to have the most questions about the process, but there are no children allowed in the treatment rooms.  So, pictures will have to do.

"Why does it have to take so long?" 
(The long week is 5 days in a row for 6.5-7.5 hrs on average.)
Well, George, I'm not sure why it takes so long some days.  I do know that he needs a LOT of medicine and it drips in slowly.  It might hurt, or not work very well if it went too fast.
 "How does the medicine get into his body?"
The catheter in his arm is a needle that lets the medicine into his blood.
"Do Doctors put the medicine in or robots?"
Doctors and nurses AND a sort of robot help the medicine go in. 

"Oh, and is the medicine Blue?"
No, sorry.  It is clear.
"Well, if I need that medicine, I want it to be Blue."

Any more questions?
"I'll ask you when I think of them."
I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment