background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

This year had to be easy.  
I hate sewing.  
I very much dislike Halloween.  
I like candy.  
Oh the dilemma.

I had the moccasins my Mom made (yes she sewed and beaded them!) for my first costume.  
I wanted Maggie to wear them.

 The kids were excited to be a Cowboy, Cowgirl, and little Indians. 
(Yes, Native Americans, I know, but it just doesn't flow.)
 We had almost everything we needed for their costumes already!  
That was the first thing that made me happy.
Then we continued our tradition and went to the Hafez's house to score the most candy with the least amount of work, in a safe place.  Town homes in a good area- woot!  We spiced it up a little and added the Knipes this year.  Michelle is the spicy one glowing on the left.

(I have a busted camera, don't make fun of my whacked out pictures!  
I'll post about that soon enough.)

We had a great night.  The kids got to get dressed up.  We ate a lot.  The grown ups got to enjoy each other.  The candy flowed.  This might have been my favorite Halloween yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment