background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Monday, December 5, 2011

brreak from the mundane

I know how boring bookwork gets.
I know I'm getting tired of making them do pages in their workbooks!
Some days they love getting their work finished, and other days it is like pulling teeth.
I think I'll give you a better example of that next post.

To give the kids a break from book work, we make writing in different formats count for homeschool.  We also write creative stories, lists, poems and such in journals.

Our sweet friend Mrs. Lewis has become our official pen pal.
We leave letters for each other at Ginnie's school, where she works.
She happens to be a major Raven's fan so we reference purple a lot.
Livie is learning letter format, and how to build a good paragraph.
George is learning to sound out and spell his words (with help).
And Mrs. Lewis gets a Virginia original.

The kids are already deciding on what to write her next!

No comments:

Post a Comment