background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Friday, December 23, 2011

God does answer us.

I've heard/read so many scriptures lately about how God answers prayers. 
I don't doubt that.
I can't expect any less from the God of every little detail in the universe!
It is nice to be reminded about that when the one you are supposed to be closest to,
doesn't always speak to you in an audible way.

It has reminded me to not just think about what is bothering me,
but to discuss it with my Lord. 
He does hear,
and he has probably already answered me in a way I often overlook. 


Scripture.

Today, as I wrestled with my Christmas issues, plus a few others I didn't mention in that post, I received this Bible verse via gotandem.com (love that site!).

And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering.  Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment.  Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives. (Jude 22-23)

So much for that resentment. 
It's not like I haven't been taught this before. 
I just needed it to speak to me in a real, applicable way. 
Such as now when I'm having trouble with those who don't see Christmas the way I do.
God knows what I'm praying about. 
He hears and answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment