background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Love is flexible

Especially when you are puking your guts out.
That was me.
On Valentine's Day.
It is a good thing that we don't put too much into V day around here.
We do 365 days of love!

My traditional heart shaped meatloaf was postponed and Troy saved the day by graciously following through with my back up plan of heart shaped delivered pizza!  I don't even remember if I yelled to add any veggies from the bathroom.  My head was otherwise occupied.  Blah!

 As if the kids cared. 
 Oh, but their little eyes perked up when they saw gift bags of goodies after dinner.
 I love that my kids think socks are a fabulous gift!
 Liv could not wait to try growing mini pots of strawberry plants.
 Yes, they were STILL going on and on about the socks.  
Don't you know there is chocolate right in front of you???  
I don't get them sometimes.
 The meatloaf was made the following night when I felt like a new woman.  
Hallelujah!
NOW Valentine's Day is complete.  
(Well, I'm still enjoying the dessert(S!) from Vacarros that Troy surprised me with....
mmmm, my favorite, Macaroons!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment