background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Our typical school day lately

This is the the norm these days.
The big kids have their books spread out everywhere, 
Maggie chowing down on a snack to keep her busy, 
and Virginia napping to give us all a little peace.

Yes, I know that sounds bad, but that busy little girl is too much to handle when I'm trying to focus on teaching.  So now our school day doesn't usually begin until after lunch during Ginnie's nap time.  It is a little weird feeling, but it is getting things done.  

I just hope the big kids will be able to get back into school first thing when Ginnie starts Pre-school in the Fall.  We hope to finalize the details of her enrollment to Calvary Lutheran School this week.  We loooooove the Pre-school and Pre-K teachers there.  (We've never experienced the higher grade teachers to have a professional opinion)  I think Ginnie will love it too.

1 comment:

  1. I may need some advice for next year when I start homeschooling Dylan for the 6th grade. :)

    ReplyDelete