background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bring on the Science Projects!

We observed catepillars turn into butterflies last year.  This year is something different.  
It was a surprise.  
I'm sneaky like that.  
Or mean like that.  
Maybe the mean part was me dancing around each day chanting, "I know something YOU don't! HA!"  

Whatever.

It finally came!
The kids still didn't know what they were.
I guess I need to work on reading skills.
Our new babies!
Bull Frog Tadpoles.
Oh gosh.  I hate when people refer to their pets as their babies.
Plus, these are gross.
And ugly.
All 7 of them!
I wanted to name them after each dwarf, but the kids just rolled their eyes.
Whatever.
We got Doc, Sleepy, Grumpy, Sneezy, Happy, Bashful, and Dopey settled in their new home.
We watched them for a long time.
We had to observe when we could.  Before Ginnie woke up.
Then we put the little poleys up high out of reach.
This should be fun.  
Will let you know how things go...

No comments:

Post a Comment