background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Old School

So we are still reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books.  We took a long break over the summer.  I'm glad we did, because now George is even excited to hear the stories- as we make it a part of our school day.

We read about a part where Laura goes to a birthday party in "Little Town on the Prairie" and played some games.  One was Blind Man's Bluff.  The kids asked about it and I explained.  Of course they wanted to play!



I really must remember the fun, simple games of years ago.  Button, button, who's got the button?  Kick the can?  Duck Duck Goose?  Can you think of any more?  I have a feeling I'll need an arsenal to get through the winter days coming up!

1 comment:

  1. When we were in Williamsburg, there were books full of games like that. You should check the library.

    ReplyDelete