background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cowboy George

I'm awful at gifts.  Um, doughnut maker, ahem.  So I was/am still terribly excited that George proclaimed his Western town the Best gift of the year!  I found it at a consignment shop in the Fall and all the kids found it at least once in the basement before Christmas.  Never the less, he loves it and plays with it every day.

 Old school Fischer Price!
 The cowboys snap off the horses to stand bow legged like real cowboys.
 Even the Natives like having a place to belong.
The stage coach even has a hidden cannon to blow away the bad guys!
 Even this city slicker who dreams of being a cowboy is plum tuckered out.
 I guess they sleep with their hats on?
I've heard it said, "A Cowboy is a man with guts and a Horse."

1 comment:

  1. Yay for thrift store finds! I LOVE that he fell asleep w/them. :) And here's another quote for you: "Old cowboys never die, they just smell that way."

    ReplyDelete