background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wonder if it was any good?

First off, let me tell you that my love language is "words of affirmation."  So if you love me, show my by telling me (in every area of my life, all the time, I'm needy!).  

You will see where I'm going soon.

I had leftover rice, so I made rice pudding.  
Not just any rice pudding.
Raspberry rice pudding with a meringue on top.
Not your everyday, poor folk dessert.
 I learned this little trick a long time ago, when I was testing out rice pudding recipes, to add a couple of egg yolks to thicken up the pudding to more of a custardy consistancy and use the whites to whip up a miringue for the top.  
I think it looked pretty good.
I put it in the fridge and went away for half the weekend on a retreat.
None was left when I got home.
No one said a thing.
Either they all approved and ate it all, 
or they trashed the gloppy mess.

Guess we will never know.

2 comments:

  1. I have stayed away too long. From monster the donut to angels watching over your youngest while she sleeps to this gorgeous dessert displayed here--I love Hayseed in the City! (Bring that pudding over here for your words of affirmation!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it, I'm moving to Hamilton!

    ReplyDelete