background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Behind the scenes of Purple Day

This is the usual scene after a couple of meals and snacks.
I would love to clean after each meal, but I usually have a baby in one hand.
I was delighted to have a few mins to clean up before Troy got home.
The baby was sound asleep in her bouncer.
I had tried to lay her down all morning,
But a certain someone kept waking her up.
ANYways....

 After a rush of speed cleaning, it looked like this.

I was so happy.
Most of the dishes were in the dishwasher
(the few int he sink were waiting on round two of washing)
Eggplant was peeled, sliced, salted and draining for dinner.
The leftover watermelon was cubed, bagged, and refrigerated.

I was just about to take out the trash...

When I heard a BANG!
(in the dining room)

Followed by a startled baby cry.
(in the living room)

A little girl ran passed me as I went to check out the damage.
No one knows how Ginnie did it.  
Note that Livia was reading the magazine when it happened....
RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER.
Sigh.

Maggie had to keep on screaming for a few mins while I cleaned it all up.

I got glass in my foot.

One more day.....
Just one more Color day!

No comments:

Post a Comment