background

This is nothing special, well to you anyway. I'm not a scrapbook type, or a baby book writer, or even a picture printer. I'm terrible at recording memories. This blog is my attempt at holding on to some of my life as a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling Mom of 5. I am a country girl that lived in a big city for 14 years, and moved to the Deep South for quiet, quaint, small town living.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Crabby Birthday

Ciacie is a year older.  And that means summer party!  What is a summer party without crabs, corn and Smith Island 10 layer cake?  Uncle Ray, Grandpop, Ciacie and (soon to be) Uncle Justin came over to celebrate.  I love it when they come up, and it is a trek for Dad- 3 hrs one way.  That is love!

Now she is just a year younger than me!
Next year we will be twins.
Confused?
You obviously didn't get the memo that Ladies don't turn 30.
Some how we had about 50 crabs left in the bushel!  No way did we predict that!
Troy and I sat and picked most of them one night, and saved the meat.
You can ask Ginnie what she did with some of that meat that we thought was safe in the fridge.
Grrrrr.

We had a lot of claws.
This is only a few.
Troy kept the kids busy so I could crack them.
Yeah, I'm that good.
Don't count the full, whole claws....
I had to eat the ones that came out partial. 
I didn't want my kids to think I was anything but a great crab picker.
I AM from the Eastern Shore, after all.
Have you ever had the crab claws at Bahama Breeze?
Oh yum.
Yum. Yum. Yummy!!!
and SIMPLE to make!
Approval. 

Happy Birthday Sissy!

No comments:

Post a Comment